Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Safe in Iraq.

So, Joe made it safely to Iraq today. There was a flight delay, but it all ended up working out ok. I guess the camp he's in is part of the larger "Green Zone" - Camp Liberty. But, there's still a different name. I don't get it, but that's what the Army is best at.

It was nice to talk to him. Guess he was worried that I was worried. I had today scheduled off for sick leave (dr appt to try to get a referral to an allergist) and I either forgot to tell him or he forgot and called me at work. So, when they said I had called in sick (which isn't entirely true - my name was on the planned leave board so I didn't have to physically call) Joe was worried I was sitting at home watching the news wondering why he hadn't called. He's sweet and I love him...

So, this Dr appt was planned for today cause I went to the Sleater-Kinney concert at the Moore (in Seattle) last night. OMG! It was just amazing. First, the Moore is a nice venue - smallish, but good acoustics. The concert - terrific. The women in the band just rocked like there was no tomorrow. The drummer was just amazing. If you're into rock / punk at all - check out their new album (The Woods, from Sub-pop) and see them in concert. Cause it was just wild.

I was hesitant to go to the concert alone. First, I got home at 3:15 so then leaving at 6:30 would make the dog be by himself again...then it's about 1.5 hours up to Seattle....etc etc. I kind of had to talk myself into going. But, I'm so glad I did. Cause this was one of the best concerts I've been to...

2 comments:

  1. suzette8:22 PM

    great news! well the part about joe arriving safely and him calling you.

    i'm glad you went to a concert. i haven't been to one in ages. it's hard getting out alone but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:21 AM

    Hey Cousin!

    I found your blog on my dad's favorites list! I'm glad Joe arrived safely, I was worried when I heard he was going to have to go there. I haven't seen/talked to you in a while! Congrats on the award, that was awesome in so many ways!

    Christina (the one in AZ)

    ReplyDelete