Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wow - time flies

Has it really been that long since I posted. Huh.

Well, to my defense - I've been busy. I was filling in for my supervisor for about 2.5 weeks at work - which were all 10 hours days at work. Didn't make it to the gym at all...bleh...then, 4th of July weekend I was a home repair guru (sort of). Fixed the border my mom and I put up, stripped border in the living room, painted a wall in the living room (after which I realized I need to paint all the walls - not only 3 - the tones of the colors don't match at all), painted and put up the trim in the hallway, painted the hallway and put in 4 wall sconces. Plus, am keeping up (mostly) with the yard.

Oh, yeah - and 4th of July weekend? The little angel known as Yankee decided to be an ermine INSIDE THE HOUSE while I was still in bed. Boy was it stinky...I blamed the dog at first. So, the ermine went into the garbage can. The next day at work I emailed a friend that I think my cat had caught a mink....well, his wife collects martens and ermines...and so he asked if I would take said rodent and put it in the freezer. So, now I have an ermine in the freezer. Hmmph.

The little one has taken to bringing things (i.e., dead creatures) into the house now. I guess she's so proud of herself, she wants to make sure I see them. Thank godess for anti-bacterial wipes.

I'm feeling kinda worn out...don't know when I'm going to feel like getting the rest of the living room done. It's been almost 1.5 weeks since I've spoken with Joe and I'm getting antsy. Patience...not one of my strongest virtues...

So, anyone want to housesit in September / October or jan, feb, mar, apr? Just think - a nice house in the woods...quiet.... no takers, eh? Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment