Monday, October 03, 2005

Not much news...

Had a great weekend...though the rain has arrived in the NW, it was nice. The rain doesn't really bother me the way it used to...

Oh, to start with last week - I finally got in gear and started scrapping some layouts. Had all these things piling up and wanted to feel like I made a dent. Hit a wall Friday though...but, felt good to get those done. Even though I didn't put pictures down on them, that shouldn't be **that** hard, eh? lol!

Saturday night I took Sabot to a puppy b-day party at one of my co-workers. Needless to say, it was a fun time. It was nice to relax with the dog there. And, I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while. Oh - and I found out about a fun crafty stamping party! yay! More fun! But, the dog is a sweetie. You can tell when there's lots of other dogs around that while he enjoys playing (or running back and forth after a ball with other dogs), he loves being loved. He's a ham and loves people. And, how cute is this - there was puppy cake! Needless to say, anyone who has seen Sabot eat knows he means business - well, the cake was down in seconds! Seconds I say! Hee!

Sunday I got a chance to talk to Joe and got my haircut fixed. Plus, I made a monumental error. anyone who has been in the army (or military in general) is just going to shake their head at this...

I went to the commissary in the middle of the day, about 1230. I didn't think anything of it...but, as it was payday weekend...the line at the Ft Lewis commissary was all around the front, up the dairy aisle and back to the meat aisle!!! :-o Grrr...I contemplated ditching my cart and leaving, but I needed food, especially since I'm not going to have time this week to go shopping. And, it took me 20 minutes to get through the damn line. Major grr...

So, why you ask won't I have time to shop this week? Because everyone knows I have no life now, eh? (Kidding). We're testing at work and so I'm on 12.5 hour days. Which, with my commute - means I'll be gone from home 15 hours/day. I hate hate hate these long days. I'll leave when it's days (at oh, 4:15am) and get home when it's just dark (7pm) so I won't get to walk the dog. Oh well. It'll be a short 5-7 days and then it'll be done.

Oh, and Joe said that he might not get his R&R dates till 20 Oct! I don't know how I'm supposed to do anything with that. I'll have 3 (yes 3) days to plan before Norfolk. I realize that the Army doesn't care about convenience, but come on. This is my life too...

1 comment:

  1. shakes head at commisary story. Well, it was poor planning on my part, but in the future, if you should have to cover 12's again, let me know and we'll set you and Sabo and Yanks up with a place to crash for the week. Seriously! This offer is now in writing!

    ReplyDelete