Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weekend fun!

Saturday was absolutely amazing weather again. Just wonderful - warm, sunny.

I like going around and and just winging it. I always have a list of things in my head that I want to see, but sometimes I just don't feel like it.

Still on my agenda - the International Spy Museum, Cezanne at the National Gallery of Art, Sewall-Belmont House (National Women's Party), National Cathedral, Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at CUA. Among other things.

Ok - so this weekend was fun. I saw a free (yay!) IMAX movie at the Air and Space Museum - Magnificent Desolation. It was narrated by Tom Hanks and was about the Apollo missions. Very good.

Up to DuPont circle, walked around the neighborhood, stopped in some cute shops, checked out some of the embassies. Neat neighborhood - quiet. Doesn't feel like the heart of the city. The embassies are huge - and there are countries I don't believe I have heard of before.
Walked over to Georgetown again - love this area. There was a great patisserie that I stopped in and had an amazing almond croissant. Mmmm... Of course, had to stop in Lush. Because I just love the store. My next apartment has a big tub, I think - so the bath bombs will be awesome.
Finished up spending one of my christmas presents - the Ann Taylor gift card. This was great because it was all for me and I didn't end up spending most of it on Joe (like I did with a Barnes and Noble one).

Met with my co-workers who are here on TDY with me and we went to Alexandria and had dinner at Gatsby's - I guess it's some 200 year old restaurant that GW and Lee ate in. Consider me jaded, but after being in Ireland and England in a pub "rebuilt in 1663" that's not all that impressive. Decent dinner - the duck I had was tough. But, neat atmosphere. The conversation was a bit painful at times - one of the guys wants to discuss nothing but work. And the rest of us are chatting about travel and books. Sigh.

Sunday wasn't anything special - errands, hung out with C, T, Madi and Teddy for a while. Only to later see T and one of her friends from work when we went to see Harry Potter in IMAX! Wowza! It was pretty cool. What a great movie - the ending where the dad is sobbing over Cedric still makes me cry. I guess A&S has entended the movie 3 times now - every time they're gonna close it, there's big outcry. And the theatre was packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment