Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sunny days

Sunny day
Keepin the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to Sesame Stree?

I heard an interview this morning on NPR with the gentleman who is the puppeteer (muppeteer?) for Elmo...and it just brought back all those childhood memories.

Watching Sesame street - with the Count, Cookie Monster, Grover and (my favorite) Snuffalupugus (I know I just killed that). And to think now it's such an institution and can still stay relevant. One of the more recent skits was "Desperate Houseplants" - too funny.

It was interesting to hear this man talk about Elmo and Jim Henson's vision for having muppets that were all colors of the rainbow.

Think about all those shows you watched as a child...

For me it was Sesame Street, the Muppet Show (still one of my favorites), The Bozo Show, Jem, GI Joe, the Smurfs, You Can't Do that on Television (Nickelodeon!), 3-2-1 Contact, Mr. Wizard. Wow...think about how many good fun shows there were then. When you could wake up on a Saturday and have multiple channels with cartoons all morning long.

My how times have changed.

1 comment: