Friday, December 22, 2006

Eau Claire




I had such a wonderful visit to Eau Claire, WI a few weeks ago. It had been over 10 years since I had been up there and over 6 since I had seen Grandma. I was long overdue for a visit.
It was such a treat to be able to sit and talk with Grandma. We had lots of time to look through pictures and letters. I got to hear stories about how she and Grandpa met (and how he proposed on the first date!), growing up in Kankakee, IL, all the jobs she had for the 39 months Grandpa was serving in the Army during WWII, her wedding, raising 5 girls. It was so wonderful. All the pictures she had were amazing – and I was lucky enough to come home with a few. Plus there was a letter from the Science and Industry Museum thanking Grandpa for donating / loaning them two German daggers for the U-505 exhibit! WOW!



I also had a great chance to visit with my Aunt Chris and Uncle Ray (plus Oso and Lily). I really enjoyed that as well. Aunt Chris is headed to Hawaii for a week in the spring, so we got to chat about that (which reminds me - I need to mail her some books!). Plus - I got to see my cousins Amy, Greg and Nick! That was really neat also.



Keeping my fingers crossed for another visit with Joe soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment