Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday...

Do you ever have a day when you just don't want to do anything at all? I'm having one of those days. After getting Ambien-induced sleep on Wed night (and oh, was it good), crappy jet-lag sleep on Thursday night, I needed a night of good sleep. And it didn't happen last night. My brother-in-law, his wife and one of their friends drove up on their way up to Whistler (Joe's going up there with them) and they got in late, I was chatting with my sister-in-law, plans were being made for today and before you know it, it was 2am and I was still awake. Sigh.

So - after they left, I crawled back into bed (with the lovely critters) and snoozed for about 1.5 hours. I have a little more energy now, but I'm still dragging. Luckily - I have nothing that I HAVE to do this weekend except get more cat litter. Sweet! In that case, today will probably be a lazy day and then tomorrow I'll head out for errands. Well, after looking at slickdeals.net, petsmart has a coupon for today, so looks like I'll be headed out today. Oh well - probably better that I get moving.

I can't believe that I'm 2 weeks away from heading to San Diego for 6 months. It a) seems like it would never get here and b) seems like it's such a long time to be gone. But, it's all good. I'm excited for the challenge of execution of the project I'm on, I love the variety of days and I love being pushed to suceed.

Ok - so I'm back from errands and walking the dog - and I have a cute story to share. So, I was trying to get some energy to walk the dog and was planning on doing a couple of rounds of sun salutation yoga movements. I was doing well, going through and as I leaned back into my downward dog, who should join me in his OWN downward dog but Sabot. Needless to say, I promptly got kisses as he finished and that was the end of my sun salutation. ;-)

I made Joe a b-day cake a day late (yeah, I get home a day early from flying 16+ hours and I'm gonna make a stinking cake on his b-day? That ain't happening.) - it was supposed to be red, but I didn't realize how much food coloring was required from those little bottles for a red cake. So - he got a lovely pink cake with white frosting. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment