Saturday, June 09, 2007

Disney and Fun

So, I've finally had a week to get feeling better and have work go back to normal. The week that Joe was here was just wonderful. We started the week by a great trip to Petco for a game.

The Padres were playing....somebody - oh, yeah, it was the Brewers. Not a bad game - but it wasn't one that we really cared about.

So on Memorial Day we did a Temecula run and then wanted to go check out the Midway (CV 41).


I guess Joe has a history of getting lost on carriers, but he did good this time. I did have to complain a little, especially when we got to the Nr 3 Engine Room as it fely very similar to what I see at work every day. White lagging, big machines and alarms. I was like a kid in a candy store - I was showing Joe condensers, reduction gear, valve operators. We almost got to check out the lower level, but the docent said there were too many people around. There was a pretty cool tour of the island structure and Joe found the captains chair. Needless to say, Joe was in his glory.

We had dinner with some of my friends from work and my reputation for parallel parking prowress has been damaged. Sigh.

The rest of the week (while I was working) was a bust since I felt like crap. But, I felt good enough on Friday to make sure that we were headed up to Disneyland. There's nothing like trekking around the Land on a crazy Friday after getting up at 4:30 am. But I'm thinking that Joe has a good time at the Mr. Toad ride.

We managed to stay till almost midnight and it was worth it to see the castle all lit up.

We had mad mad fun playing Buzz Lightyears Astroblasters. We get kinda competitive with each other and it's just a riot.

The next day we got up at 6:30am to make sure we were there for park opening. Oh, did I mention that I'm a Disney NUT who needs to be there at opening? The crowds are so much lighter that it's worth the tiredness. We did the space mountain mini marathon and got there in plenty of time! Yay!

We had a blast at Disney and California adventure. Managed to find some not so hidden Mickeys as well.


Well, I'm blogged out for now. Had to work today for a bit and am really dragging after the long week it was. Lots of nutty days. Not much down time. It's hard to be "on" 10 hours a day or so. Had a Slam burget at Danny's (yum yum) and then went wine tasting with a friend from work today at a new store on the Island. The store didn't really impress me. You're not really winning customers when you talk about how you taste every wine and when there was a dud say "we couldn't even sell it for $5 a glass at the tasting bar". Yeah. Ok.

Went to the M's vs Padres game last night and it was fantastic. Good group (over 50 people) from work and we were a little sea of Seattle in a stadium of San Diegans. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Brett Arnold8:00 AM

    Joe, looks like you were having a blast. Hope all is well with you. Brett

    ReplyDelete