Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday Sunday

So, it was a good short week and a decent weekend. Friday was just insane at work. I think there were at least 5 scheduled meetings and I spent a significant amount of time that I wasn't in meetings on the phone. Issues are arising, but I think we're on a good path to get them straightened out.

Friday night, I went with a group to Marakkesh in La Jolla. It was a pretty good time and decent food. It's been on my list of places to try since I was here in 2004. I worked on Saturday but managed to leave at 11am. Not bad. I ran errands in the afternoon and while I was driving around, Sirius was broadcasting the Live Earth concerts. I had heard a little about them, but they had some killer acts, so I tuned into Bravo when I got home to watch the concert from Giants stadium in Jersey. So, Live Earth was a series of 10 concerts yesterday from all the continents to promote decreased energy use, recycling - basically taking care of what we have. Humans have made a pretty huge impact on the climate within the last 100 years. Sure, sure, there's a degree of hipocracy at the concert. All these stars, jetting around the globe to make money. Tour buses driving around wasting fuel. Lives lived in excess. Who are they to be preaching to us? My perspective is that it's an awareness thing. What are people in my generation doing to stop the waste? What is mainstream america (or england, germany, china, etc, etc) doing to promote more environmentally friendly lifestyles? What can we do to help. Yadda yadda. So, I took some of the messages for what they were worth and really enjoyed the concert. Dave Matthews? Rocked. Shakira? Rocked. Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, John Mayer? Rocked, rocked and ROCKED!

Today, went to see Ratatouille with a couple of friends. Needless to say, while it might not have been Pixar's best story ever (and the robot movie looks amazing for next summer), the animation was just stunning. The raindrops, the hairs on the rats, the scenes from Paris - all of it was just amazing. It's crazy to think how far the art has come since Toy Story so many years ago.

Sadly, I got a killer headache during the movie, so I came home, napped, took some ibuprofen and sudafed and relaxed. Friends are coming over later for dessert . I'm starting to re-read book 6 of Harry Potter in preparation for the movie (though I know it's book 5) and the book coming out soon. My predictions for the book? Harry lives. Snape is good.

I'm headed home this coming weekend! Yay! Can't wait to see Joe and the critters. The bed gets awfully lonely with just me in there.

Hope you all (all 2 of you who read this!) have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Guess I'm going to have to get me one of the RSS Feeds to let me know when my friends finally get around to updating their Blog...

    :j

    ReplyDelete