Saturday, August 04, 2007

End of another week!

I'll update this post with pics later today...

It was a good week. Busy - but good. I was watching NCIS Thursday and I was having to recreate the week to make sure that Friday was in fact Friday. It seemed like the days zipped along too quickly for it to possibly be true. But, at the same time, I was sure feeling like it needed to be Friday.

My week started with seeing Harry Potter in IMAX 3D. This sort of movie is just perfect for Imax. The sound is better, the movement is more in your face. I wasn't too impressed by the 3D parts (which starts towards the end with the thestrals flying) - but all in all it was fantastic. And, it was made all the better by having read book 7 and seeing things unfold / set up for the future. I really don't know how book 6 and 7 will be able to be PG-13 without some serious liberties with the plot.

The rest of the week was typical. I've been reading, watching NCIS (via netflix) and have really been enjoying that, making lots of cards (trying to get older stuff used up), going for nice rides after work, etc. The dancing this week was a trainwreck. Seriously. We were supposed to be doing figure 8's starting both back and front. And while I can kinda do the going front first - the back figure 8s were not working. At all. And to watch the instructor - she makes it look so stinking easy! Sheesh...but, it's still a good time and it's nice to be out without shipyard folks. As good of a project this is, it's nice to get a break.

Thursday went to the famous Hodad's in Ocean Beach. Hadn't been to OB before, so this was a treat also. Hodad's had good burgers - and a cool vibe. They have a hacked up VW bus as one of their booths. Killer onion rings....mmmm.... I still like Danny's on Coronado Island better....

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment