Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Catching up some more

It's been a great couple of weeks at home. The project wrapped up successfully - which is compeltely satisfying. I had the opportunity to get to know and be friends with some wonderful people. It's hard readjusting from the frantic execution mode back to the normal "ho hum life at the shipyard" mode. I don't really know what I'll be doing - I'm technically still the PE for the Reagan, but that is likely to fizzle out here soon as the ship will be deploying eventually. I'm mostly just working on special taskers and committees. It's kind of a nice change of pace and it's at a high enough level that I feel like I can actually contribute to the solution.

Joe and I have had a chance to catch up on the stuff that got neglected for 7 months - oh, except I still haven't washed the floors. But the cedar from our old deck is all picked up and put into the wood pile, Joe's made more progress on the deck and I've made my halloween decorations for next year AND have already gotten going on Christmas crafting projects. Next week, I need to get going on Christmas cards as we're headed on vacation mid-december. I don't think that the cruise line would like me to bring a heat gun so that I can emboss cards on board.

I love being home and having the library again. I'm such a fiend for books that I had a really hard time at the end of the trip holding out from buying more and more.

Random things:
Here's a great article from the Washington Post about the use of the word "Bitch"
Awesome vintage-y jewelry here from littlebird studios (and how can I not love a shop from a woman named Jena)
Portland's craft / artist scene had montly sales and is having a winter one coming up: Crafty Wonderland I am bummed out because we'll be on our cruise for the holiday sale.
A blog devoted to cupcakes - who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment