Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hawaii out San Diego in

Well, so much for heading to Hawaii in a few weeks. Really, I didn't want to go have mai tais at the barefoot bar or have good thai food at keo's. Nah - in retrospect, doesn't sound so great.

But, instead, I'm headed to San Diego. It's going to be quite a challenge, but there are some amazing people working on this. The other funny thing - you spend almost 1.5 years working with a group of people on a project, the project disbands at the end and it's almost like losing your family. It's a bit of a shock that those people who you enjoyed working with each day - you don't get to work with them anymore. But, there are lots of folks on my old project team down in San Diego as well, so it'll be like a family reunion of sorts. With slightly more visibility and "help" from others.

To add to all the fun, my parents are coming for a visit tomorrow! YAY! They've been off enjoying themselves on an alaskan cruise this past week, so I"ll pick them up at one of the seattle piers and they'll be here through Tuesday! We have a lot of fun in mind - pike place market tomorrow, maybe lunch at the pink door, crabbing in westport on Saturday, and port townsend on Monday. The last could of weeks have been such a whirlwind, though, that I don't feel like the house is ready for visitors. Or, maybe, I am just learning to deal with not getting all that sort of stuff done.

There was an interesting article the the NY Times magazine this past weekend in their featuring blogging. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I've read several commentary pieces on other blogs....sounds interesting - about the sort of self-discovery one can do while blogging. Now, I really don't think I get that introspective here about my existence, the meaning of who I am or stuff like that, but it's still a way for me to document my life and experiences.

Interesting stuff. Hopefully there will be photos posted of this weekend prior to me heading south next week.

Poor Joe -I'm abandoning him once again. Hopefully, the dog will keep him company and the cat will bring him treats (like the bird I had waiting for me today). And, there are perks to my travel - the more nights I stay in a marriott, the more free nights next year in europe.

Final note - our cruise is less than a year away. In the next few weeks, we'll be booking our airplane tickets (hello British airways first class on frequent flier miles!) and hopefully a few hotels. I'm such a dork, that I already have lots of rick steves books to read!

Well, the dog is paying me a visit, so I suppose I need to go play with him outside.

1 comment:

  1. No SD for me. Have fun! I'll be in Texas for a brief trip and then back home for the birth of baby! I'd be interested in this blogging article. Sounds like a good one.

    Take care and talk to you soon. :j

    ReplyDelete