Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day of Favorites

My first day off in a while and much-needed after an absolutely crazy week. So, what could I do but go to all my favorites in San Diego!

First - I slept till about 8:30 am which is really late for me. Usually, even on days off, I'm up around 7 or 7:30 am. It felt wonderful and decadent.

I had no other option but to head over to the Mission on Mission Beach for an amazing breakfast. First, the host hooked me up cause I was a single diner. So, instead of waiting for 45 minutes, I was seated in about 5. Sweet. And, the food was as excellent as always. I love the vibe of this restaurant vice the other 2 in town. It just feels so....San Diego. ;-)

Next, I headed up to Encinitas and drove back down 101 stopping along the way....I love Solana Beach and the whole design district. Good Stuff.

Finally, I found a great new scrapbooking store here in Point Loma that stocks all kinds of things that I've had my eye out for. And, I had a total flashback as I drove into the area - my first trip to San Diego in 1999, my co-workers and I went to the Soup Plantation in Point Loma. It baffled me where it was until today. In case you haven't heard of it, it's a great buffet restuatant that is filled with fresh veggies, amazing salads and all-around good food.

I've been back at the hotel reading and enjoying a new book since late this afternoon - plus, I even got some reading done for my research paper.

It was a great day and I really needed it to get ready for the week ahead. I know what's on my plate and I just can't imagine how everything is going to shake out.

No comments:

Post a Comment