Saturday, February 14, 2009

Recap of last week

Made it back from a whirlwind trip to DC and it was a nice change of pace! Travel - finally! I love being in old favorite cities and DC is right up there for me. My hotel room at the JW Marriott was super sweet - corner room on 14th and Pennsylvania - I could see both the treasury building and Washington Monument from my room. Loved it.

Why the heck can't Seattle figure out mass transit?! The metro rocks.

I also saw a presidential motorcade on Wed night from about 20 feet away. As crazy as it sounds - it was cool - I could kinda see in the windows and make out Obama. Also saw it about 2 hours later (returning from the event) when I was in my room.

Sadly, I did not make it to Ben's Chili bowl. My schedule on Thurs got all messed up and my SES meeting that was cancelled got (I thought) re-instated. So, I hung around till the meeting time and the SES was nowhere to be seen. Grr. Ergo, no Ben's Chili bowl. Ah, well - something for next time.

I had about a day at home before Joe came back and then he's off to Jersey for tomorrow. Apparently the transplant team has decided to do a stem cell donation vice marrow.

Sidenote - I made soba noodles for dinner tonight and they were YUMMY! I really need to make it to Japan soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment