Saturday, September 26, 2009

Back home

The last two days just slipped by me without remembering to blog...and I finally would remember when I was laying in bed. Oh well...

The end of the week was fair to good. The good stuff included finsihing up a decent meeting in DC, having dinner with a friend who is TDY there, having cold stone ice cream (mmmm) and then having no issues with the flight yesterday and minimal issues with the washer and fridge repairs (yes, both at the same time...awesome).

The not so good included hearing that Joe's brother is going to need to go to Houston, TX to continue his leukemia treatment. Not good stuff at all...Joe might need to do the stem cell thing again, so we'll see how that goes.

We're headed up to the property in a bit to keep working. Rumor is that we have four walls (with ply on them as well) and a floor. Can't wait to check it out and get a feel for what it'll look like. The contractor is indicating that the truss delivery is happening later this week - which is crazy exciting. Imagine - a roof by the time we get back from vaca!

My birthday present from Joe arrived while I was gone - a new camera! Sadly, the old canon my mom gave me has been very unreliable as of late with the lcd screen - and with the vaca coming up, we didn't want to risk having poor photos. It's a sweet camera...and, as much as I love the canon cameras, small was a key this time.

Hmmm...not much else going on here. :-) Photos later today, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment