Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tour Wednesday

Toured two opposite ends of the spectrum today. First up was a wastewater treatment plant - from sewer pipe inlet to discharge onto the white river. I don't think I've been that close to throwing up from smell in a while (maybe since Joe's fridge in his apartment had the power off for weeks). I can't begin to describe how it smelled. And I was reminded how grateful I am for my job. I'd rather crawl around an aircraft carrier any day of the week. Bleh. This place smelled so bad that I could start to taste the smell in my gum...as I was trying to breathe through my mouth. Just awful.

We went to lunch after that (took a little bit for me to feel like eating) and then we toured a drinking water treatment plant. Chlorine never smelled so good.... :-)

Also - figured out how we're going to handle Messina, Sicily. There isn't enough there to occupy a day, so we'll take the train down to Taorima where there are some Greek ruins. Looks like it'll be fun.

I'm ready to head home now...Joe's been working so hard and I feel guilty for being here, going out to yummy dinners and just learning about environmental stuff all day long.

Lumber got delivered yeasterday...waiting anxiously to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment