Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not much to update

There's really not a whole lot to update...I've been busy painting awat here each day except for Christmas, the day got home from Jersey and then today. Joe and I managed to get a lot done yesterday...but it's certainly slow going. Pics eventually of the new place. It's really coming together well and we're to the point where we have maybe 1 wall left to do in each room plus re-edging the newly applied paint. Pretty cool!

Since I have a hard time sitting idle when I'm at home, I took on a little project on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...painting the dining room table. This table has had quite a history in our house - from our first purchase almost 7 or 8 years ago from a friend who said it was made out of mahogany to today. IN the middle, there were attempts at refinishing by both Joe and I. I used a chemical refinisher on 3/4 of the table and Joe was so against doing that, he decided that sanding (using a power tool!) was the right way. Little did we know that the mahogany on the top was a very thin veneer...until Joe sanded right though it. Needless to say, it's been covered in tablecloths since that time. When the colorist from a few weeks ago was looking through pics of our existing furniture, she got to this table and said "why is that covered"? I explained the situation to her and she suggested painting it black.

So, that's what I did...




And I'm super happy with how it turned out. The last piece of the updating will be just to reupolster (sp?) the seats in a "fabric that makes me happy" and put some new foam in...

Sounds like something I can do in an evening soon...I just need to find that right fabric! I need to figure out what will look good in the new place with our colors, but these are calling to me now...

http://www.imaginefabric.com/amy-butler-kashmir-olive-fabric.html

http://www.imaginefabric.com/amy-butler-gothic-rose-turquoise-fabric.html

or

http://www.imaginefabric.com/ab02spruce.html

I'm leaning towards one of the last two...we do have some orange in the house that's similar to the orange in the first one, though...so it's still a possibility! :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love the black table! What color are the walls in the dining room going to be? The last fabric link didn't work, but I went to the web site. If you'd like to pick up the black from the table, the last one would do it.

    ReplyDelete