Sunday, February 07, 2010

Another week down...

Feels like it was another rough week - right out of the shoot. Work was just sucky the whole week - lots and lots of meetings, pushing letters that I'm not the author of, and just overall crankiness. I was really really ready for the end of the week when it finally did arrive.

The house was another huge source of frustration. I went up to the place one of the days to check things out and see how we were doing on some items that needed to be fixed prior to the wood stove going in and appliances arriving on Friday. I went up there and there was hardly any of the stuff done that was supposed to be done. Plus, things hadn't been corrected yet that were identified ages ago. Sigh.

Friday came and I took off work after a presentation in the AM (that ran really long, which I hate. We had all of our stuff within the timeframe - why couldn't other folks do the same?!). The stuff on the house still hadn't gone anywhere, but the one critical thing needed to get done was done. The wood stove was in and I was happy with the actual stove - but the hearth pad is too small for what we wanted to use it for. We'll see if we can get a new one...

The carpenters were up there working and I thought when we came back on Saturday, all would be good.

My delivery time for Sears came and went. My initial frustration came up the day before - sears called to give me my delivery window, it didn't work for part of the time since I had this meeting and I couldn't reschedule to a later window. So, I requested to have stuff delivered as late as possible in my window with a call when the driver was a half hour out. Hmmph. When I was in this meeting, Sears called and told me that there was an issue with the manufacturer (who, BTW is Kenmore !) for the stove and that it could be delivered the next day (which also wouldn't work because we were only stopping at the house briefly). Ugh. So, that was rescheduled.

An hour after my delivery window, I called Sears to find out where the truck was...it got held up on a delivery and should be there within the hour.

Another hour goes by and no delivery truck and no call. I call sears back and am told that there was an issue with the manufacturer and that the fridge couldn't get delivered on friday.

WTF?! Seriously? It was ON the truck an hour ago and now it's not on the truck? Come on...

I had seriuosly wasted almost 4 hours of my day at this point waiting for the freaking delivery...and all they do is offer me a $50 gift card. Ugh. I was so mad - no communication, no calls, no fridge.

I continue to iterate that I'm not just at the house every day and that the following day won't work for the fridge - so move it to when the stove is going to be delivered - the 13th.

Sure enough, Friday night I got a call from Sears confirming my delivery time for the next day on the fridge. Needless to say, I moved it to the 13th.

I realize that companies need to do delivery windows for ease of route planning, etc. But what makes me so mad is that I'm expected to rearrange my schedule around their time. I can't request a delivery time - I can't tell them when it works best for me and have them try to work that into their schedule. Seriously....hopefully it goes more smoothly next week.

I have statistics homework that I need to get going on. Also learned this week that HQ is cancelling funding for the Masters Program that I'm in. Fortunately, I'll be able to finish - it's frustrating because the SY doesn't support a whole lot of graduate work. They support people going to get undergrad credits for stuff, but if you're already degreed - there aren't many options for continuing education.

1 comment:

  1. To Jen,
    I am sorry to hear that you’ve had issues with the delivery of your range and refrigerator. I am also concerned by what you were told by the delivery services team. We need to be giving our customers accurate information when there are delays. Unfortunately there are times when the manufacturer does not provide us with the items we’ve ordered on our customer’s behalf. Kenmore is a Sears brand but the manufacturers are Whirlpool, Frigidaire, etc. and we rely on them to provide the stock. That being said, if the refrigerator was on the truck, the manufacturer has nothing to do with it. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we’d like to step in and ensure this all gets resolved for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range and refrigerator were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jen) used to post here, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

    Thank you,
    Brian J.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

    ReplyDelete