Thursday, April 22, 2010

Japan




All from Sakai-en in Yokohama

Japan was lovely, exciting, yummy and just overall a great trip. I couldn't have asked for a better tour guide...my friend Megan was amazing at the trains, seeing things, and just overall being flexible with some of the stuff I hoped to see - as dorky as it was.

I ate so much good food. To quickly summarize: shabu-shabu, ramen, unagi rice bowl, horse meat (just a small slice - never again), kaiten sushi, hot pots, okonomyaki, amazing random treats, more ramen, soba, tempura, wasabi ice cream, homemade gyoza, ice cream from Hokkaido and lots and lots of other good things. Mmmmm.

The culture was fascinating and I just loved the entire experience. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat. I'll try to share a few pictures here and there over the next few days.

We closed on the house today. Thank goodness. It was just painful initially. The roof got replaced, some siding got replaced, Joe did some other random repairs....it's all done. We did snag the rhubarb (ssshhhh)...so hopefully it will transplant well. It's a relief to have that behind us and just have one mortgage payment from here forward.

I'll be headed to my second home next week - San Diego. It's been just shy of 2 years since I've been there and I'm so looking forward to the yummy restaurants, the people I"ll see at work and just being there.

Tri training is going along. The pool at the nearby base just reopened, so when I return - I need to get in there and start swimming. Otherwise, I'm chugging along doing my everyother day runs and then bike rides most other days. One of my work friends kindly loaned me her road bike (and shoes) - so I just need to get back from SD and I'll be zooming versus chugging on the mountain bike.

It's all good. More Japan pics later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment