Monday, May 30, 2011

Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge

We finally had an opportunity (i.e., great price!) to go to Mt Hood and Timberline lodge recently.  This had been on my list of places to visit, especially after this post from one of my favorite blogs!

The skiing was so-so.  It's one of those mountains where the blues feel like greens to me, but they gave me an opportunity to do some fun skiing and cruising down the mountain.  I actually had some speed in a spot or two!

The snow was pretty slushy by about noon or 1pm on both days that we skiied - not really long ski days then.





The architecture and workmanship in the lodge was really impressive.  The photos I took don't do it justice, but I'll add a couple more to this post soon! 

On the drive down to Hood, we also stopped at McMenamin's Edgefield - what an awesome looking place and somewhere that I think we'll most certainly be heading back to!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment