Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's Christmastime!

Yay!  This holiday season is a little bit different than the norm for us (with baby preps and actually being together at home!) and I'm excited that tomorrow is finally Christmas.  All the presents have been mailed out (hopefully the last of them get to their recipients today!), the tree is decorated, baking is....sort of done.  And we have two lovely sets of friends who have invited us to spend our holiday meals with them. 

But, really - let's discuss important things...baking.  I have a hard time making the same recipe over and over again...I like trying new things and so just kind of keep moving on.  I have a few that I do enjoy making repeatedly...but the challenge of new is always so fun.  So, this year, I'm attempting cream puffs (from cook's illustrated) and a Chocolate Caramel-Pecan Souffle Cake from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey for Christmas dinner.  There's bourbon in the latter recipe, so it must be good!  I also might whip up some pumpkin caramel cheesecake bites for a dinner tonight...we'll see how the timing works out.

I've been spending some of my free time the last few weeks working on albums for when Fergus arrives so that I can just plop pics in them and then journal.  A couple of these are gift albums...and then I'm trying to catch up on finishing our Kauaii album PLUS putting together pages from the pregnancy.  Nothing too ambitous or anything.

I'm certainly noticing our little one moving around a lot more now...there's a LOT of stretching out and random body parts pushing against my abdomen.  Luckily, he's been butt up since at least 28 weeks and it seems like he's stopped flopping from side to side - so I have his back on my left side and get kicks and punches on my right.  :-)  It's pretty awesome.   My energy level has still been pretty good.  I definitely want to make it to the pool a couple of times this week, since I'll be off.  I had a massage yesterday and it felt like FOREVER since I had been in there...but it was just two weeks...I think that my body is starting to feel more aches and pains at this point.  The chiro appt later tis week is going to feel amazing too..

I've been thinking about Christmas traditions that Joe and I have (none since we're never here) and what I'd like to start now that we're having a little one arrive.  There are some cool things in the area - Zoo Lights at the Point Defiance Zoo, the lights over in Seattle...all fun things.  Hmmm....things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment