Monday, January 02, 2012

In with 2012!

It's hard to believe that 2012 is here...it seemed like such a long way off just a little bit ago.  What a year of changes it'll bring.  Joe and I were driving to brunch yesterday (at the awesome Agate Pass Cafe) and I remarked that "we're going to be parents this month".  Sheesh.  Crazy.  We're also realizing that many of the places we've frequented over the years (Fish Brewing in Oly to name one...) are off-limits for the next 21 years unless we get a baby sitter.  Hmmm.

It's been a great week here.  The weather has been very un-Washington...i.e., not rainy!  We haven't had a whole lot to do outside, but Sabot has greatly enjoyed playing and being out there wandering around.  We've gotten a lot (and I mean a LOT) of miscellaneous projects done around the house and had plenty of time to relax.  The Shipyard curtails operations every year between Christmas and New Years, so we're forced to take about 32 hours of leave (or leave w/o pay...).  While it isn't the ideal time of year to have to take leave, this year it was a welcome break.  The exercise equipment is finally (!!) out of the house and the nursery is 95% set up.  Lots of other little projects in the house have been completed, the christmas stuff is down again and we're settled back to normal. 

Joe and I both have our bags packed to take to the birthing center should active labor hit at a moments notice.  Fergus' bag is packed and our last hurdle is getting the carseat base installed today.  I'm at weekly midwife appointments now...it's a little weird going in there every week saying "feeling fine" and trying to come up with a question or two to make it seem like I'm thinking about things (which I am, but the intraweb does a great job of answering them!).

I'm hoping that this little guy comes on-time or as close to it as possible (a little early is ok too!)....I'm still thoroughly enjoying being pregnant....and it's nice having him contained so that all I have to do is eat, drink and sleep and I know he's being taken care of.  But, I really want to meet him and get the show on the road. 

Speaking of being pregnant...I've noticed that he doesn't like it when I bend over from the waist to grab something (I get a nice kick like - "hey lady, stop making my space even smaller here!)...and the last couple of walks that we've done with the dog, he's gotten quite kicky in the middle of the walk (Joe said maybe he's trying to walk too...or just keep shuffling along).

Well, here's to a great 2012 for all three of you blog readers!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Jenna! I can't wait for Fergus to arrive. :) So exciting!!
    Lisa Foster

    ReplyDelete