Monday, April 16, 2012

Baptism @ St Olaf's

Well, this past weekend was Logan's Baptism at St Olaf's parish in Poulsbo.  Needless to say, I was nervous with how he'd be during mass...I shouldn't have worried.

Everyone met up at our place ahead of time and as we were getting ready to leave, one of our friends asked if we were going to put Logan into his clothes for the christening (the gown that my Aunt Rosie made for me almost 35 years ago).  Since I know my son...I said that we were waiting until we got to the church.  I remarked to Joe on the way there that he was due for a big pooper and, since he was riding in the carseat, I anticipated a blowout.  Boy, was I right.  Just as Joe was pulling Logan out in the church, he discovered the poop.  All over.  

Good thing I brought a spare white onesie as well!  Add in a panicked change in the back of the escape with barely enough wipes and we were back in business.  

Logan slept through about 30 minutes of the mass - amazing.

He woke up just in time for the baptism...and managed to scream just a little bit with the water being poured over his head.  He hung in there (sucking on my finger while Joe held him) and right when we were done, I went and nursed him.  He finished up in time for communion and then was flirting with all the older ladies in church (and chatting with them too).  Mr Smiles!

I loved that the priest said no cameras - and then the other family had cameras all over the place.  Luckily, Bernadet was right there with her camera phone and snagged some great pics!




After mass..Logan is happy, we're happy...life is good!



The Godparents.  My cousin Christina and our dear friend David.


So happy that my folks made it out for the Baptism!  It was wonderful that they came - even though it was a quick visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment