Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thoughts for the week ahead...

While I'm just back to work part-time this week, I'm trying to ease into the routine a little....

I have all my meals planned out for the week...all the groceries are purchased for those meals and there's nothing too complicated on the menu.  Everything is using up things from our freezer and pantry with just the necessary fresh ingredients.  I'm going to have to re-look at the farm box subscription.  It might be more stress than it's worth and for the growing season, I might be better off using the local farmer's market.  I'll give it a week and we'll see how we do.

One gross thing that I'm using from our freezer...hot dogs.  Joe loves them..I hate them.  I enjoyed them growing up (particularly when they were wrapped in cheese and white bread, put in the toaster oven and toasted for a little bit...then dipped in mustard while eating - yum!), but after working at Comiskey Park for about a season and a quarter and dumping out LOTS of trays of old hot dogs and their water from the suites at the end of the games...I don't think I've really eaten them more than a handful of times.   I'm sacrificing my taste buds just to use them this week - picked out a recipe from Rachael Ray's 365 meals - Chicago Hot Dog Salad - that didn't sound too awful.

I'm pumping milk every chance I get right now.  Working really hard to build up a buffer / stash for this week at daycare.  It was really helpful when Logan slept more at night - I was able to build up several days worth in the freezer.  With daycare feeding him so much right now - it seems like I'm using more than I'm producing.

I'm going to be kind to myself and not push the workouts this week.  Eventually, I'd like to be waking up around 4am and getting on the bike trainer or treadmill for about 30 minutes.  I want to keep the evenings as "family time" so don't want to be working out then - unless it's me out jogging with Logan....I'll have to keep that in my mind.  I also need to work in a yoga routine - keeps my muscles loose between chiropractor and massage visits.

I've been checking my work email from home (eek!  breaking the rules!) while I've been on leave so that I can at least have some chance of catching up in a reasonable amount of time when I get back.  And, I've been able to grill Joe every night about what's going on with our project.  The other benefit to cleaning out my email - I've gotten rid of all the trash (which was 90% of my inbox) emails that I could do nothing with while I was out on leave.  Things like critiques, mis-charge reports, progress, schedule, meeting minutes, etc, etc.  These will, no doubt, be very important in a week or two...

At least today I got to enjoy some time outside with Logan.  We hung out in the back yard (in the shade) and chilled for a while.  He loved it...I put his feet in the grass for the first time...








No comments:

Post a Comment