Saturday, September 08, 2012

Questing...

I am eternally on a quest to use stuff up in my pantry.  I tend to collect cool ingredients and spices.  In my defense - a lot of the spices are free samples from Penzey's orders or I got them from random people who weren't going to use them.

But, yeah, I do collect pantry things - mostly for baking....

Today, I finally decided to make a bundt cake using both malted milk powder AND vanilla paste from the new Baked Elements book (a whole chapter on malted milk powder - hello!).  Double points.

Tomorrow, or later today if the little guy cooperates, I'm then planning on making this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Whoopie Cakes using a cake mix (from a stash I bought several years ago), pumpkin pie spice AND canned pumpkin.  Three things!  Plus - the frosting will use some cream cheese I've had around for a little bit (but, it's still good - I swear)....

Random Logan item of the day - when I went in to pick him up from an afternoon nap, he was SITTING in his crib.  What what?!  I did a double take....I guess a) the mobile that doesn't really work anyway needs to come down and b) we need to lower his mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment