Sunday, October 14, 2012

Catching Up...

Finally, I'm sitting down and relaxing today.  This weekend has consisted of:  pumpkin patch, grocery shopping, making 2 dinners yesterday (stew for tonight and homemade mac & cheese for last night), cleaning the house (well, the public areas), running a crazy hilly half marathon this AM, making homemade pudding pie for dessert tonight, doing laundry and...whew.  Relaxing.  

Running and being a nursing mama takes some coordination.  Especially multi-hour runs that start from somewhere other than home. What time does he wake up...when will he eat...will he be ready to eat when I get home...sigh.

And, speaking of coordination, holy trip to Everett!  When I left, I asked Joe what kind of instructions he needed.  All he wanted was how much food and when.  Easy enough.  Joe also managed to oversleep the only morning I wasn't around - so Logan got to spend some unhappy awake time in the pack and play while Joe rushed to get ready.  The first time I had to go into work early and miss the morning routine, about the best compliment I got that week (even after a successful 50% review for the project that I'm on) was Joe telling me now he understands why I'm OCD about having a routine in the AM.  Lots of juggling stuff, lots to do and not much time to do it all in.  I have everything timed to w/in about 5 minutes for when I need to be doing stuff.

So - here are the instructions I left for Joe. Keep in mind that Logan already had sufficient pouches of solid food at daycare.  I know that I'm not unique out there trying to balance all of this.  But looking at this after the fact - there's a lot that goes on every day now!

Tuesday AM:
Upon wakeup OR no later than 0555 (seriously).
5 ounces milk or amount pumped on counter.  Will be pre-bottled.
Tuesday upon pickup:
If not fed immediately (w/in 45 min) prior to pickup
4 ounces milk
IMMEDIATELY UPON GETTING HOME – take approx. 30 ounces of milk out of the freezer and place into fridge.  This will be for a) possible nighttime bottle b) wakeup bottle  c) Wednesday’s bottles
Tuesday 1730: 
1 pouch food.  Choose a food that is NOT a single fruit / veggie.
Tuesday at bedtime:
5 ounces milk
Tuesday / Wednesday mid-night (if there’s a wake-up and you can’t get him back to sleep with just rocking):
4 ounces.
Wednesday AM:
Upon wakeup OR no later than 0555 (seriously).
5 ounces milk.   YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE UP THIS BOTTLE AND THE BOTTLES
FOR DAYCARE PRIOR TO LEAVING THE HOUSE (and I recommend prior to getting the kiddo up), make up the following bottles:
(4) 5-ounce bottles of milk.  Label each bottle with the date (9/26). 
Wednesday upon pickup:
If not fed immediately (w/in 45 min) prior to pickup
4 ounces milk
Wednesday 1730: 
1 pouch food.  Choose a food that is NOT a single fruit / veggie.
I will be home for bedtime feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment