Monday, August 12, 2013

Little Helper Man

Mama's litter helper was assisting me in the kitchen yesterday when I was making the best meatball / sauce recipe I've found:  Dinner a Love Story's Great-Grandma Turano's Meatballs.  Seriously - the sauce is wonderful, the meatballs come out perfectly every time.  I tend to make slightly larger than the recommended golf ball size so that we can have nice hearty meatball sandwiches.  Yum!  This recipe easily will serve 4 people with leftovers STILL!  I learned my lesson with using a hot pan and browning...I put the meatballs in way too early and tried to flip them too soon.  The stainless steel pan definitely did not want to release them.  Nowadays, I get the oil to just about smoking and don't touch the meatballs until they release easily.  Patience is a virtue!


Logan was checking things out and having his afternoon snack!  And, before anyone comments, that's prune juice (once a day!) to help him...move things along....if you know what I mean.


Logan loves reading!  I caught him today putting the books from the side of the chair to the end table where we keep the "to read" pile for night.

And, finally, we tried something new with bedtime today.  I saw this amazing post from A Cup of Jo about lullabies for kiddos.  So tonight, I sang Logan his own song with the Twinkle Twinkle melody.  It was great and he loved it - he just was mad that I stopped.  I put him in his crib and when normally he'd lay down and snuggle owlie and puppy, he hopped up and was swaying like he wanted me to sing some more.  We'll have to work with the order of song to book in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm now I'm wanting me a meatball sub!! I'll be earmarking that recipe. Thanks for the tips on cooking the balls. Normally I bake mine but they come out so dry.

    ReplyDelete