Wednesday, November 13, 2013

So, um...

there we were, Sunday night.  Logan had been screaming in bed for most of 70 or 80 minutes.  There was one break in there when I went in to try to comfort him and read a little more.  But, it seemed like it was going to be a long night.  I was trying to work on my paper for class..but it's impossible to do with a toddler screaming.  Joe and I were discussing what we should do when suddenly...thump.  We looked at each other.  Then, thud, thud, thud and the door handle started to move.  Uh oh.  He climbed out of bed, landed on the ground and was at the door.  We were stunned.

So, the crib side came down, toddler rail went up and we're on night three of a new sleeping arrangement.  I've had to stay in there a little longer than usual the first couple nights, but I've stayed in the rocker for a bit and just hung out.  Tonight I came out right away, no crying, but Joe did say he wandered out twice (and then went right back in).  I'm sleeping pretty lightly at night..waiting for "mommy" right next to my ear.





No comments:

Post a Comment