Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Frozen in Ice

Over a year ago, I bought our tickets for Frozen on Ice. Mint was a gamble, not knowing if I'd be in town because of work or what else would be on the agenda, but there it sat. Waiting.  

Finally, we got within a reasonable amount of time to the show, I I casually mentioned that we were going to see Frozen on Ice skates.  Since Logan has met Elsa and Anna 3 times now, he was stoked...

We headed up to the Showare center in Kent early on Sunday for the 11:30 am showing.  Based on my experience with traffic last year, I gave us plenty of time to get there and with a plan (and a bagful of food) to have lunch in the arena before the show.  As we were crossing from I-5 to WA 18, snow appeared on the side of the road.  Logan decided that because Elsa was looking forward to seeing him, and since she can make snow, she made snow for our drive.  😍 so sweet.

Kiddo was beyond excited for the show to start.  

As the ores how began with Mickey and Friends, he kept asking where is Elsa and Anna...soon, buddy, soon.  

There was a total moment of excitement when Buzz and Woody took to the ice...it just made everything that much better.  


And then the show began...

Needless to say, there are lots of moments that made this show incredible.  The integration of the music, skating and the story was very well done.  I truly enjoyed this show and felt like some of the parts (especially the enormous Sven and the subtle interactions with Christoph) were so well done....



Intermission came and went and we were in for the second half,  there were a few parts that were a little scary for a three year old, but since Logan knew the story line, he was able to put his hands over his ears and move through them easily...

I was curious how the snow monster would be done at Elsa's castle and, needless to say, it didn't disappoint.


This was just such a killer show and by the time it was all done, the kiddo had a huge grin on his face.  


He was so sweet, waving to all the characters as they came by our section...

We had really good seats just a few rows up...I guess that's what happens when you buy the tickets almost a year out!  One thing I learned after the face that I wish I would have explored further was getting down to touch the ice during intermission.  One of my coworkers brought her son and she said that the ushers were super friendly about letting them into the VVIP section briefly to feel the ice.  Very cool.

Was I glad we did this?  Absolutely....the skating wasn't the most amazing thing ever (there were a few obvious gaffes) but. It was a solid show....

Until more fun times...












No comments:

Post a Comment