Sunday, November 29, 2015

One more weekend....

This was a whirlwind of a weekend and I'm catching up on this while on my way to Japan.  I'll get to the weekend, but I want to reflect on what kind of stuff is going on right now.  Logan is a pretty cool little dude. We have our moments, but seeing how is is developing his mind and growing into a person is amazing. Joe and I play him in those memory matching games and it's pretty stunning how well he does.  He can legitimately beat Joe and I.  He is currently obsessed with Star Wars Legos.  Ugh.  He got us first mini figure this past weekend and now wants a huge millennium falcon. Santa may or may not be bringing him a mini millennium falcon with Han Solo minifig.  

Talking with L while heading out this week, he totally understood that I was going to Japan to get things set up for us.  I miss him and Joe incredibly while I am gone, but now that we can talk and he knows I'll be back, it's so much easier. 

He eats cupcakes impressively.  He will eat all the frosting, all the filling and then he's more than willing to let dessert sit there unfinished.  Impressive.  

He wants his birthday to get here.  I feel bad because he's been to so many birthday parties this year for all his friends, has seen so many presents be opened...and he won't have that quite this year.  Ah well, when he turns 5. I shouldn't complain because I don't have the energy or time to put a Pinterest party together...and really, the kids don't care about that. 

Ok, back to last weekend.  Since I was going to be gone for a good chunk of the month, we went to the local tree farm and picked out our tree. Logan's treat was that he got to ride in the truck.  Don't tell the local authorities...but he loved it.

It was a chilly morning, so we bundled up and braved the frost....



Finally we spied the perfect one.  Or, as Joe put it, the best one we had seen in the last 5 minutes. Logan looked pensively at the tree while Joe cut....



The tree sits in the garage for a day while we go about our days...tomorrow,we decorate.  

Today, we decorate gingerbread houses at the Farm Kitchen. We did this last year and this year...I have to say, much less candy was eaten this year.  😄. He had a great time and the owners of farm kitchen, Anne and Hollis, are incredible.  We've done several cooking classes there with a women's group at the Shipyard and they've all been amazing. I love supporting this local company...

I'm still with Logan being an engineer,  as he wanted both sides of the house to be the same.  We loved it and had a great time.  He ate the legs off the gingerbread men, so we stuck them in snow and called it good. 


"If the girls can't find you handsome, at least they can find you handy".  Love child, Joe is handsome and handy, but Red Green is right.  Joe hung up a couple of things and all my medals are up on their beautiful displays....



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

And the tree comes in...Logan was a huge (!!!!) help with the lights. Seriously.  The ornaments, not so much.  Bu, there are now a lot on the lower fifth of the tree.  🌲☃

And, he was looking through all the ornaments and became obsessed with the rocket ship with lights and sounds from eons ago.  So, it's there for us to enjoy...

And panzer has not been a dork with the tree......yet......time will tell.  









No comments:

Post a Comment