Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Week in Review and next week...

What a week.  It felt short, busy and hectic.  Joe and I both had stuff after work for all 4 work days, so that always makes the time go more quickly.  All the meals I posted last week were winners...except we didn't make the skillet chicken yet because of.....

A pretty huge windstorm that knocked out power for a good chunk of the day on Tuesday. 60 mile an hour winds coming out of the North.  We usually don't get wind from that direction, so the branches were flying and the house was dark.   I wasn't up on starting the generator (I am now), so I got the fire going, got the critters fed and the. We grabbed take out teriyaki and dined by candlelight. Major came home mid way through the meal and power was restored.  I still can't get over how much we lose power here.  Our neighbors brought over their freezer full of food and all was good...

Wednesday night came the start of my Thanksgiving cooking.  The dip was simple to whip up while I was making the rest of dinner and Logan helped me get the chocolate pudding together. 

The next morning, it was time for the turkey trot.  And my little turkey decided to not trot when it came time for his race.  Grr....I should have just signed up for the Gig Harbor 10k.  Oh well, I had run and it was a fun run down in Tacoma.  

We got home and had a ton of stuff to do...luckily my helper took care of the sprinkles on the chocolate cream pie.  


Thanksgiving was a relaxing time at our neighbors.  It's wonderful to just be able to wander across the street when things are ready...

Friday was a work day for Joe and I. I needed to be in because of an upcoming work trip and getting my office cleaned up, etc.  I only worked half a day and Logan was so excited to have me pick him up early.  It was a treat for me too...he was bouncing the whole way to the car.

We went home for lunch, I started pulling things out for our Japan trip and then we went out to the Poulsbo Fish Park for a great walk after nap.




He picked the oath and we walked all around.  It was a gorgeous day outside....

Christmas decorations are starting to pop up in our house.  Logan's little tree is a hit...lots of fun ornaments are on there...the big tree is going up today, but that's another post for another time.  


Next weeks eats are pretty simple for Joe.  Options are steak, Mac and cheese, hamburger helper (bleh), chicken sausages, burgers, pot stickers...etc.  I'm sure there will be a couple of meals out for the two of them, since I'll be gone for almost 2 weeks.  

I can't believe what a busy weekend it's been...more on that later.  




No comments:

Post a Comment