Saturday, January 30, 2016

The fastest four years...

This week was Logan's fourth birthday. Holy smokes....

For the last 8 months that Logan has been talking about turning 4, we've told him he will turn 4 when we are in Japan...so this entire month, we've been talking about his birthday. He waffled a little bit on what sort of party theme he wanted...he really wanted to do dinosaurs for a while because two of his friends had that for his birthday ("I want dinosaur cupcakes like Emmett"). But once I told Jim he could pick anything at all he wanted (gulp),  he picked Star Wars in November and stayed with that one.  I think he might have tried changing on me once on a whim, but we got him back to Staw Wars.  

I started buying party supplies over Christmas back at home, so we had the joy of getting those here as part of our big move.  And then I picked up a a few more items at the exchange and ¥100 store for the last pieces. 

One very special thing that I got was a set of Star Wars bunting banners...made by a phenomenally talented lady whose husband is here TDY.  She runs a great etsy shop, https://www.etsy.com/shop/RootandBlossom and found great fabric.  The primary one had Star Wars fabric and Logan's name...the secondary one, shown in the pic below, was the leftover fabric.  So awesome and more personal that store bought stuff (which I also had a ton of). 

I went with commissary cupcakes this year...I don't have the time or patience to figure out getting all the right pans, trying the oven out to get the right baking temp, etc, etc.  I'm working about 11.5 hour days and I know my limits.  

So, the cupcakes went on the bicycle, the most expensive Domino pizzas were ordered (and we didn't even get anything fancy!), and we were set to have just a few folks over to celebrate.  









We opened Logan's presents after everyone left.  Joe and I went for very small and packable this year...




This was a definitely a nice low key hardest thing?  Getting all the party essentials home via bicycle...but, success. And now we have some great decorations up...the apartment was a little plain...

Looking forward to all the adventures in this year that Come our way for Logan!

No comments:

Post a Comment